Catching up 2 - Great Dixter. 06.09.16


One of my blogging challenges for 2017 is to try to post more frequently and in a more timely manner.  I often have a post being composed in my head which never quite makes it onto the screen.  In particular, in the summer there never seems to be enough time.
Hence these "catch-up" posts.
Also - I like to look back during the winter months at places and gardens visited during the year as well as at photos of my own garden - to plan for next season and to hopefully be inspired by other's creativity.
Putting a post like this up on the blog makes me really look at the photos I've taken and only choose a few pertinent ones (I have a tendency to take quite a lot).

I think Great Dixter is a stunning, inspirational garden. This was our second visit. If I lived closer I would visit more frequently. It's a garden that you could walk round several times per visit and something different would catch your eye every time.

The arrangements of pots by the door is changed frequently I believe, but always stunning.




The planting is varied in shape, form and colour.

From the bright...........

to the paler hues...................................


back to bright........................





This is another area where pots are used to great effect  -
Apart from the tree centre-back and hedge, these plants are all in pots.

The house offers a stunning backdrop to the long border....





An inspirational garden

Comments

Popular Posts