Catching up 1. - Sussex Prairie Garden. 08.09.16

I suspect I'm going to be more of a winter blogger - I've found it hard to keep up-to-date over the summer.  So, over the next few months there might be a few catch up posts, just to remind me what went on!!  It has rained all day today so a good time to make a start.

Back in early September we spent a few days down around Sussex / Kent border area visiting gardens.  Great Dixter and Sissinghurst are firm favourites that we have visited before and enjoyed again, but the reason for choosing late summer was to visit Sussex Prairie Garden which has been on the wish-list of places to see for a while.


I am a great fan of the perennial prairie style of planting.  This 8 acre garden has been created by Paul and Pauline McBride who worked with Piet Oudolf in Luxembourg.  That experience has inspired the creation of this fabulous garden in West Sussex.






 There are wide grass paths through the garden

and bark paths that criss-cross through the beds, allowing you to get close-up and personal with the plants.






There are many sculptures throughout the garden blending in well with the planting.





The large drifts of late summer perennials and grasses are stunning. If you are in this area then 
Sussex Prairie Garden is well worth a visit - although it is closed now and not open again until 
June 2017.










Comments

  1. We went a couple of years ago en route to the Isle of Wight and it was fabulous then too! It really is an amazing place, I'm still trying to get one of my borders to have the same sort of look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to visit here. Sculptures as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment