A new project - Herb Bed -Stage 2.
So - the area to the right of the steps has been started. This will be the new herb bed.
Then came a second retaining wall -
The top bed is now edged with brick and the whole area covered with weed suppressant fabric until the spring when we will mix in lots of grit and plant with herbs. I'm not planting now as I don't think they would appreciate a first winter in our heavy clay - better to give them a warmer start in the spring.
The area to the left of the steps, which is larger, will also be built next spring. It will butt up against the garage where there are shrubs and another bed, so there's a design decision to ponder there.
| Small retaining wall |
Then came a second retaining wall -
The top bed is now edged with brick and the whole area covered with weed suppressant fabric until the spring when we will mix in lots of grit and plant with herbs. I'm not planting now as I don't think they would appreciate a first winter in our heavy clay - better to give them a warmer start in the spring.
The area to the left of the steps, which is larger, will also be built next spring. It will butt up against the garage where there are shrubs and another bed, so there's a design decision to ponder there.
Wow!
ReplyDeleteWho is the architect?
Is Graham the brickie?
Looks good!