The Garden in August.


I have decided to have a retrospective look back at the garden at the month's end. A round-up of what looked good during that month with photo's taken at various times. Many of the garden bloggers that I have looked at (to gain some ideas / inspiration) participate in a meme that shows an end of month view on one particular day - last day of the month where possible.  I might do that eventually but currently each post is taking me an inordinate amount of time to compose - in particular uploading photo's and positioning them - so I would miss that day by a mile! I'm aware that I haven't yet achieved any spontaneity with this blog - too much pondering - and I'm having to go over the "how to..." tips quite often.
So currently a general monthly round-up suits me better than trying to focus on one day in that month and then missing the target!!

The new bed in front of potting shed.
Rudbekia "Goldsturm"











Clematis and hydrangea at top of bank.

The new potting shed bed has filled out well, considering it didn't exist at the beginning of the year.
It's added colour and shape to the area nearer the house.  It's probably too densely planted and will need thinning out next year


Planting up some of the veggie patch with flowers for cutting has worked well.  The dahlia's and rudbeckia have been impressive and flowering for a long time.




Tithonia
So - what has flowered well in August?


Dahlia's                    
Gladioli




Cosmos                    


Cosmos Double Click Cranberries




Verbena Bonariensis


Rudbeckia

Echinacea

A good crop of onions

Last of the roses

The crab apple is covered in tiny fruit just starting to turn that lovely ripe apple colour


and lastly - a new addition waiting in a pot on the patio to be found a home









Comments

  1. Looks great Mum, love the onions!! Makes me a bit home sick, when it's a smoggy day in KL! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts