Why Blog?
It's taken a long time to get started, having rummaged around for a name and registered it weeks ago. If every post takes this long we won't get far!
So - why a blog?
First and foremost to keep you - the family in far-flung places - in touch with what's going on for us back here at Rose Cottage. Not only what we are up to but mostly how the garden is faring and news of any on-going projects. An extension of our "Whats App" messages with a few more words and photos.
Secondly, I hope it will act as an on-line garden diary for my own use - irrespective of whether any of you read it or not. A reminder of what I did when. What worked and what didn't. A record of the successes and the less than successful.
Thirdly it will be a new skill learned - current research seems to indicate that learning a new skill helps delay brain-decay!! (better than word and number puzzles apparently). If I get hopelessly stuck I can always enlist the help of my resident IT expert.
So - its a new venture. A lot to learn - not least how to get a photo on the header - that's for next time.
So - why a blog?
First and foremost to keep you - the family in far-flung places - in touch with what's going on for us back here at Rose Cottage. Not only what we are up to but mostly how the garden is faring and news of any on-going projects. An extension of our "Whats App" messages with a few more words and photos.
Secondly, I hope it will act as an on-line garden diary for my own use - irrespective of whether any of you read it or not. A reminder of what I did when. What worked and what didn't. A record of the successes and the less than successful.
So - its a new venture. A lot to learn - not least how to get a photo on the header - that's for next time.
Love it Mum! Good idea, on all 3 fronts, pics are great too!
ReplyDeleteMore with it than your kids! Very impressive! X
ReplyDelete