2020 CATCH UP. Project 1 - Part 2

 

So.....the top corner of the garden had been cleared by removing a large Elaeagnus shrub and a huge Rosemary bush. Which left a planting opportunity

When lockdown started in March I started planting seeds.  Lots of time....lots of seeds....and look - an empty bed......


I grew mostly annuals but some perennials as well.  Cosmos, tagetes, Echinacea, rudbeckia.




Cosmos Lemonade, Tagetes Jolly Jester and Echinacea purpurea

Cosmos Lemonade. Tagetes Jolly Jester and Ecinacea purpurea









Rudbeckia Rustic Dwarfs




Helianthus lemon Queen and Verbena bonariensis.

This became a favourite border, although a bit overcrowded at times!


Comments

  1. Lovely transformation, will you be doing the same next year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pauline, yes I think so. I've put some grasses round the edge of the bed and 2 sedum Matrona in there as well but I think I'll infill with annuals again for that splash of colour.
      Will try to post in a more timely fashion this year!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts