RHS garden Wisley - Animal Safari


Usually around February time the glasshouse at RHS Wisley is home to fabulous tropical butterflies winging around the hot-house plants.  No butterflies this year but a Lego animal safari instead in the glasshouse.

Bird of Paradise plant

and a real one!!

Penguin by the waterfall

Elephant rear...

Lion cubs




Scary tiger





The hyenas were fantastic - the expressions on their faces were so life-like.





Spot the real one ......






The work that had gone into making these models was amazing.  The intricate detail was fascinating.
thousands of Lego bricks went into the making of each one and hundreds of hours.


A lot of thought had gone into incorporating the animals into the setting amongst the glasshouse plants.

Silver-backed gorilla.
Well-worth seeing and enjoyed by the oldies as well as the kids!!

I miss very little about living in the Surrey - but I do miss Wisley.  We were only about 20 minutes away and would visit often and throughout the year.









So it's great to go back and wander around again and I look forward to returning later in the year to see the new developments around the entrance and other areas.

Comments

  1. They are so realistic and I'm sure the children enjoyed them over half term. The silver back is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment