End of month view - March
March has been a very mixed month here in Somerset. There have been the occasional sunny days but generally it's been wet, cool and very windy. I missed the February End of month view as we were just back from a trip to Cyprus and actually very little had changed in the two beds I intend to feature.
Planting has begun in the new bed under the Crab apple tree. I find this one of the most difficult of gardening jobs. Having planted a framework of shrubs in the Autumn I've been planning the herbaceous fillers and then acquiring those plants but placing them in the border and balancing shape and form I find challenging.
Pots of Stipa Tenuissima - this was originally one plant that I divided 2 years ago and have grown on - it was windy last weekend and I love the way they move with the wind. There will be other grasses in the bed but they are cut back now.
The planting has started and hopefully this will all fill out over the coming months.
There are more plants waiting to go in.
The bed by the potting shed has had all the last season stalks cut back and tidied up. The lupins are looking healthy - except one which had rotted away
Growth is green and lush, a promise of things to come.
Joining in, albeit a day late, with Helen, The Patient gardener and her End of Month view.
Lots of interesting posts there.
All that green you have is really lovely!
ReplyDeleteI think a bed that is open on both sides and ends is harder to plan than a bed that has at least one side against a fence, walkway etc.
Planting up a new bed is like doing a 3D jigsaw puzzle! Yours is going to look super, you have nice structure there already. Your garden is looking very lush and green, promise of wonderful things to come.
ReplyDeleteLets hope it comes together - I struggle with the design, although I know what plants I want. I'm happiest sowing seeds and taking cuttings!
DeleteLots of green means healthy plants that will have beautiful flowers. I have a feeling that your garden is going to be fun to watch grow over the summer. Did I see Lupine? One of my favorites. Happy Gardening
ReplyDeleteHi, I have taken over from Helen to host the End of Month View. It would be great if you can join. https://glebehouse.wordpress.com/2017/08/31/end-of-month-view-august-2017/
ReplyDelete