Things are hotting up

The last few days have been really warm - quite unusual for S. W. England this year, plus we've had very little rain for the last couple of weeks.  All of a sudden our clay soil has dried out rather dramatically with large cracks appearing between plants in the beds.  Some of the garden is less than impressive and the lawn is browning nicely - but the hot border is living up to it's name.









Helenium Moerheim Beauty

Dahlia David Howard
David Howard has stunning bronze foliage
Helenium Moerheim Beauty


Leucanthemum Broadway Lights - opens yellow and fades to white


Signs of Autumn on its way -





Comments

  1. Your garden must be a magnet for bees and butterflies with all your daisy type flowers. I can almost feel the heat, just looking at your photos. Hopefully we will have some rain soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pauline, yes quite a lot of butterflies, especially now the buddleia is in full flower, but I think the butterfly numbers are well down here this year. I haven't seen nearly as many, both numbers and types, as usual.

      Delete

Post a Comment