Hacking a way through.........
There has been a lot of rain here in the South-West over the last few weeks. Consequently, there is masses of lush, soft growth on both the shrubs and many of the perennials.
We have a path from the lawn that runs alongside the potting shed and behind the games room. It goes under the new pergola. Either side of this path are mounds on geranium x oxonianum, various varieties, names unknown as they were here when we arrived. They have grown together and the path is blocked -
Monday was the one day this week that did not have rain forecast so I decided to find a way through.
This is geranium x oxonianum - a mass of foliage but very attractive flowers - it seemed a shame to hack it back.......but....
The new Clematis "Rosemoor" is doing well for her first year - but I think the one on the second post (only just visible) is being swamped by other foliage and it's a smaller-flowered variety.
Clematis "Rosemoor" - actually the camera does not do the colour justice - it's a deeper red than this.
We have a path from the lawn that runs alongside the potting shed and behind the games room. It goes under the new pergola. Either side of this path are mounds on geranium x oxonianum, various varieties, names unknown as they were here when we arrived. They have grown together and the path is blocked -
Path starts to disappear -
It's under there somewhere!
Monday was the one day this week that did not have rain forecast so I decided to find a way through.
This is geranium x oxonianum - a mass of foliage but very attractive flowers - it seemed a shame to hack it back.......but....
my Celtic cross is in there somewhere.....
There is still gravel under there - although very wet
Breakthrough!!!
At least being a hardy geranium I know it will bounce back
The new Clematis "Rosemoor" is doing well for her first year - but I think the one on the second post (only just visible) is being swamped by other foliage and it's a smaller-flowered variety.
Clematis "Rosemoor" - actually the camera does not do the colour justice - it's a deeper red than this.
Found it.......
A very satisfying day - visible achievement.
Well done, I know exactly how you feel, my path to the greenhouse is like that, I must take the shears to mine too!
ReplyDeleteLooking good!
ReplyDelete