January Colour
Having started wet wet wet, January has now turned cold. The mild winter so far has spurred many plants into action and the early flowering has been mentioned frequently in the media. So will this cold snap slow everything down? It will be interesting to see.
Cyclamen coum are just beginning to come through - plenty of buds yet to open.
These are seeding around on the shady side of the garden. I started to move some last year that had seeded into the lawn so hopefully I can encourage them into other areas.
Bergenia's are flowering well
Cyclamen coum are just beginning to come through - plenty of buds yet to open.
These are seeding around on the shady side of the garden. I started to move some last year that had seeded into the lawn so hopefully I can encourage them into other areas.
Primula vulgaris have been flowering since November.
and the Hellebores are staring to shine
Winter Sunshine - living up to it's name
Not exactly flowers but still adding colour to the garden -
- as are the crab apples that are still feeding the Thrushes
Finally-
Roses and Alstromeria picked 2 days ago. A bit battered maybe but they have been flowering since last summer. Perhaps the cold weather will allow them to have a rest.
Linking with May Dream Gardens for Garden Bloggers Bloom day - except I'm a day late - we had a power cut last night when I was about to post!
My Bergenias haven't started flowering yet, those in my neighbours gardens have, but not mine! I'm just hoping that the colder weather forecast for later this week doesn't put an end to all the flowers that have been brought on by the mild weather we had earlier, at least the rain has stopped!
ReplyDeleteCold this morning - heavy frost. Hellebores hanging their heads a bit.
DeleteOooh, I love 'Winter Sunshine'. What a fab colour!
ReplyDeleteIt flowers early and has far more buds that any others - one I've added to the garden
DeleteNice to see what is flowering in your garden at the moment. That pink hellebore is lovely I think I have one similar but only the black hellebores are flowering so far. You have to marvel at roses don't you they just keep on and on. Have a good week.
ReplyDeleteThanks Elaine. It's lovely there is so much still to appreciate in the garden
DeleteLovely. Fab photos and I am another hellebore fan.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting Elizabeth. Hellebores arrive at just the right time - and with such variety too.
Delete