Is it really December?


Here in South-West England it is really mild and as many other garden bloggers have noted spring flowers are blooming early.

There are primulas out already
I wonder if there will be any still flowering in March?


Several Bergenia's are in flower - although some are looking very tatty after the recent rain - this is the best one at the moment.


This autumn/winter flowering cherry is on the bank that falls away to the lane. More blossom on it this year than we have ever seen before.


These photos were taken a few days ago as the rain has been non-stop today.








Several roses still have blooms





Salvia uliginosa - seems to enjoy the damp clay here and is spreading.

Inherited with the garden - a small helenium maybe? The leaves are certainly like a helenium.
Can anyone I.D?

Honeysuckle - still going strong


A lone campanula - but a splash of colour for December.


Finally -  a patch of alstroemeria that has been flowering on-and-off since July.

I'm joining in for the first time with Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day at May Dreams Gardens




Comments

  1. What a beautiful tree your Cherry is, the flowers look so beautiful against the blue sky. Your honeysuckle is so pretty, is it still pumping out it's perfume?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I shall have to go out and check the honeysuckle now. It certainly is an odd start to the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, I've just popped over from Jessica's Rusty Duck blog - I love checking out new (ish) gardening blogs! I think your mystery yellow plant is Bupthalmum salicifolium, related to Ox-eye daisies. Heleniums tend to have a more bulbous centre to the flower. Lucky you, anyway - my Bupthalmum flowers finished weeks ago although, given the mild weather, maybe I should go and check!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caro. Thank you for visiting and for the plant I.D. - it certainly looks a possibility - I shall investigate further next time it flowers. We have been away - hence the late response.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts